Intellectual Property rights are becoming increasingly valuable to businesses. Businesses are more vigilant then ever in relation to the protection of their IP rights meaning disputes are now common place. In terms of infringement, the legal rights and remedies which exist vary depending on the specific facts and circumstances and the type of IP right in question.
If you feel that your rights have been infringed, contact Alba Claims today on 0131 550 0401.
How can Alba Claims help?
Alba Claims’ specialist panel of IP solicitors** have experience in dealing with disputes in relation to an array of IP rights such as:
- Patents – Patents are used to protect inventions. A patent right can be directly infringed by someone else making, importing, using or keeping whole or part of your protected process or product. It may also be infringed indirectly by someone supplying or offering to supply an essential element of your invention to another.
- Copyright – Copyright protects expressions rather than ideas and information. Under the law, copyright offers protection to the author or creator of a wide range of works from literary, dramatic, musical and artistic to sound recordings, broadcasts and films depending on the form of protected work. Disputes often arise when trying to establish whether the work itself is protected or who the owner or author is (e.g. it may be alleged that works were created during the course of employment).
- Database Rights – A database right may exist to protect commercially valuable and expensively constructed databases.
- Trade marks – A sign which is capable of being represented graphically and is able to distinguish different goods and services from one another may be registered as a trademark. This registered right gives the rights holder an exclusive right to use and exploit this mark for their own commercial benefit.
- Design Rights – Design rights are used to protect the appearance of the whole or part of a product.
- Passing Off – Your goodwill may attach to a particular device which distinguishes your goods and services from others. The device can be anything from your brand name to packaging and labelling or even just your reputation itself.
Why choose Alba Claims?
Alba Claims have developed an innovative no win, no fee* funding model which means that you will be able to pursue court actions using our panel lawyers** without having to pay legal fees on an on-going basis. If you feel your IP rights are or have been infringed, get in touch today. We offer a confidential no obligation consultation.
Contact Alba Claims
Complete our online enquiry form or contact us on 0131 550 0401.
*Other costs could be payable.
**Claims are referred to our panel of solicitors.